Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dressing without help!

Wow! It has been forever since I posted here! Sara Beth is now 5 and way past potty training. She is 1st grade and reading. We homeschool and she loves to learn. Lately, I have thought of some things that we just baby her too much about. One big thing is getting dressed. It just seemed easier to dress her. Well, being that she is almost 5 1/2 I decided it was time to cut the umbilical cord...at least in this area. So, I showed her a few tricks and within days she can fully undress and dress on her own. Now, I realize this means she can pick out her own outfits. Today's outfit wasn't too bad...she went with a cute colorful pair of Gymboree leggins and a striped Children's Place sweater. I wouldn't have put them together, but it didn't look horrible and she wasn't going anywhere! Tonight she decided on a summer gown for bed...I hope she stays warm! Tomorrow it will be an adventure!

No comments: